How To Relieve Stress And Find Balance In Your Life
by: Michael Woods | March 4, 2018
Career. Family. Social life. The list is endless for women who spend their days juggling professional and personal responsibilities. Being a superwoman 24/7 can be overwhelming, right?
We’re always so busy taking care of stuff, creating stuff, replacing stuff, upgrading stuff, sharing stuff, doing stuff. And instead of feeling satisfied, you look at your lengthy list of things to do and sigh…so much more left to do.
We can thank the society we live in for this need to be continuously switched on all the time. It’s us comparing ourselves to others on social media, needing a better career, a bigger house, nicer clothes; all of it drives us to be “better”…and therefore busier.
And all too often the busyness ends up getting the best of us. As a result, we often descend into a cycle of stress, discouragement, and self-pity.
The ultimate goal is to develop a work-life balance. However, balancing the demands of a busy lifestyle is not an easy thing to do. Here are 5 ways to help you strike a good work-life balance and lower your stress:
- Manage your time effectively—review job activities, priorities and success factors.
- Create a boundary between balancing work and personal time-leave work at work where possible.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle—look after yourself, eat well, sleep well and set aside a little time to exercise or pursue an activity that you enjoy.
- Enlist a good support system—we all need a little help sometimes so it’s important to have family and friends that we can turn to for support.
- Pray daily–My last suggestion is to pray every day. Ask God to show you the right decisions to make each day to live a more balanced life.
I’ll let you in on a secret: You were not created to carry the entire weight of stress and busyness that is going on in your life. But in a non-stop world of overwhelming demands, finding balance can sometimes seem impossible.
What’s the answer? Finding balance begins with implementing simple actionable steps that allow you to begin to live more stress free today.
So, start your journey of finding balance in a busy world by requesting our video now. Listen and learn as Mental Health Counselors, Jim Kochenburger and Karri Russo, share a life-changing tool to help you decrease stress, lower your anxiety, and start living a balanced life today.
Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to attain that balance in all areas of my life. Examine my heart, and show me those places where I may be out of balance. Help me to focus on the things that are most important, and keep me from being distracted by the things that would steal my time and attention.