Camp Orlando is First Baptist Orlando’s annual summer camp that will take place at Southeastern University. Camp Orlando is for all students who will complete grades 6th-12th in the 2020/2021 school year. Students will experience God through authentic worship and the dynamic teaching of scripture. They will also have an amazing time of bonding with other students their age through adult-led gender and grade specific small groups, free time activities, team recreation during the day, and late-night activities. Spots are limited. Sign up today!
All Camp Orlando attendees under the age of 18 are required to fill out the mandatory Medical and Consent Release form for participation. For the best and fast experience at check-in on event day, we HIGHLY recommend that you take some time to fill out this form at home before July 23rd, 2021.
We would love to have you serve with us at Camp Orlando. Sign up today to apply to serve at one of the following roles below. Once we receive your application, we will review it and get back to you with follow up information and details.
• Lead a group of students by attending sessions together, small group time, and free-time activities. You will spend time with a group of about 10-15 students and a co-leader for the duration of camp.
• Help facilitate small group conversations and provide the opportunity for the main sessions to become small and more personal for your group.
• Be available to offer counsel to students as needed.
• Be a spiritual leader and set the example by following and enforcing the rules, keeping a positive attitude, and encouraging participation.
• Make sure that no one in the group is left behind and that every student feels included.
• Attend our Camp Orlando Leader Training. The date will be sent via email when you sign up.
Assist the Guest Connections coach and the MVMT Student Ministry Staff as needed in areas such as check-in, greeting, crowd control, merchandise table, free time activity set up and tear down, running errands, and other activities as needed during camp.
• A backpack to carry your essentials for the day (suggested).
• HARD COPY Bible, a journal or a notebook, and a pen.
• No more than ONE suitcase and small carry-on bag per student.
• Modest attire (no low cut/spaghetti strap shirts or short shorts). We recommend athletic clothes and shoes for during the day and dressier yet casual outfits for night services.
• Twin Bedding or sleeping bag and a pillow for dorms.
• Toiletries (hand soap, body soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.)
• Money for snacks & coffee shop – suggested: $20 (Middle School parents, we will have a Middle School Bank available to hold your student’s money if needed. The bank will be open every day at lunch and dinner time. If you would like to drop off some cash for your Middle Schooler to use during camp, please stop by the MS Bank station after you check-in on July 23rd.)
• Swimwear (one-piece or modest tankini for girls, long shorts for guys)
• Sunscreen and bug spray.
• Fireworks or prank items, such as shaving cream, water balloons, water guns, etc.
• Weapons (i.e., pocketknives).
• Skateboards and hoverboards.
• Illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or vapes.
• Valuable items (i.e., laptops, air pods, headphones, jewelry).
• Always bring your belongings with you if you need to go to the bathroom.
• Do not leave your belongings unattended or under the supervision of other students.
• Do not leave your cellphone charging on an outlet and walk away from it.